Wednesday, December 13, 2017

a few dollars more

1 oz Cabrito Blanco Tequila
3/4 oz Aperol
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Agave Syrup (1:1)
1 dash Regan's Orange Bitters
1 pinch Salt

Shake with ice, strain into a Highball glass with 8-9 oz of Ithaca Flower Power IPA.
Two Wednesdays ago, I stopped into Green Street and asked bartender Zoard Wells Tyeklar for the A Few Dollars More from the smaller cocktail menu. Since IPA-style beers work well with tequila such as in the End of Days and the Zimmermann Telegram, I was excited to give this one a try. Once prepared, the A Few Dollars More offered an orange aroma that preceded a citrus and malt sip. Next, tequila mingled with grapefruit, orange, and lime notes on the swallow with a bitter hops finish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You list "Flower Power IPA", a beer from Ithaca. I'm sure you mean Cambridge Brewing Company's Flower *Child* IPA.

frederic said...

Fixed and thanks! No, I brain-farted and wrote the wrong brewery in my notes after hearing the beer name. I was in Cambridge so my mind somehow stuck to the city's theme...