Monday, October 2, 2017

the great satan

1 oz Mezcal Vida (Fidencio Joven)
1 oz Amaro Ramazzotti
1 oz Punt e Mes

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Mondays ago, I was browsing the cocktail database on the OnTheBar app and I spotted an intriguing mezcal Negroni riff from one of my Instagram friends, bartender Paul MacDonald. Paul crafted this number, the Great Satan, at Philadelphia's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and it seemed to match my mood for something bitter and stirred. Once prepared, the Great Satan provided an orange and smoky vegetal nose. Next, caramel and grape filled the sip, and the swallow offered agave and rounded bitter complexity with a dark orange and smoke finish.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Tried this one and mostly enjoyed it. I feel like it might be even better with a slightly more refined mezcal so that the plastic-y notes didn't throw it off.